[CANUFNET] Question to mailing list members

SOS Trees Coalition trees at sostrees.ca
Fri Mar 5 14:31:07 EST 2021

Here is a question that I would like to have posted to the subscribers:

Has anyone heard of the need to remove watersprouts from American Elm
trunks because they could be a source of entry for the elm bark beetle?  We
have been alerted to this by a university researcher who claims that
leaving this growth on elms can leave them vulnerable to Dutch Elm disease.
I have never heard of this and want to know if anyone has information to
support it.

Linda Moskalyk
President
SOS Trees Coalition