[CANUFNET] Appraisal of trees and estimating the age of trees

Philip van Wassenaer pwassenaer1022 at rogers.com
Fri Mar 19 09:57:00 EDT 2021

Mark,

The only way I know is to take an increment core and then estimate based on that.

But that will cause damage to the tree. Why is specific age of interest or important? Usually knowing the age does not change very much with regards to the management of a tree.

Philip

Philip van Wassenaer, B.SC., MFC

Urban Forest Innovations Inc.

1331 Northaven Drive