[CANUFNET] Trees and the Law in Canada. Where to Measure Boundary Trees to Determine Ownership

Bohdan Kowalyk bohdan.kowalyk at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 20:42:42 EDT 2021

To be clear, I like the common sense interpretation of the Justice in the
Hartley v. Cunningham case.  The problem comes when arborists try to
overcomplicate matters such as in the determination of the precise location
of where the trunk joins the roots.  In the event of disputes, neighbours
should use reasonable efforts to try and resolve differences between
themselves through a common understanding of ordinary terms.

Bohdan Kowalyk