[CANUFNET] Question about Grand firs and help with tree maintenance

Mark Carroll environment1st at rogers.com
Mon Apr 12 11:37:12 EDT 2021

Make sure the tree have been planted properly. The biggest mistake at planting time, they are usually planted too deep.
This also may be an understory tree.This means that they may need to be shaded by other trees earlier in life. If they are out in the open, as in a school yard that may dry them out over the winter and turn yellow.
Conifer need a huge amount of water in the spring. If you weather has been dry and there was not at of snow, this could also be a problem.Just a few suggestions....

Sent from Rogers Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Mon., 12 Apr. 2021 at 9:52 a.m., Lisa Kelian via CANUFNET<canufnet at list.web.net> wrote:   I wonder if a rain barrel near by is a solution. Something that acts like a reseviour.