[CANUFNET] Tree guards

Sara Bucovaz sbucovaz at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 19:40:43 EDT 2021

Hello,

I am wondering if I should use tree guards for my newly planted native
trees and vine maple shrubs. They are on a school yard. They are mostly
about 2-4 inches in diameter. Some are a bit bigger. They are all growing
well, but I am worried that they need protection from animals. We
originally put rocks around the trees to protect the base of the tree, but
the grounds department of our school district asked us to take them away
because they are a hazard to the lawnmowers.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sara

--
“This principle holds that a reconnection to the natural world is
fundamental to human health, well-being, spirit, and survival. - Richard