[CANUFNET] Looking for some help

Mark Carroll environment1st at rogers.com
Wed Jun 23 09:31:17 EDT 2021

The Town of Whitchurch-Stouffville is looking to redevelop it's down town core. A half kilometer of small commercial shops in a tight busy roadway. It is the main east west access for the busiest and most populated are of the municipality. We are looking for ways to incorporate trees in the redevelopment. The sidewalk is 3 to 4 meters wide with a 4 lane roadway. The outer 2 lanes are used for parking.
There are issues with primary hydro lines on the south side.
There are issues with signage. Owners do not want signs covered.
Salt issues in the winter and snow clearing of the sidewalks.
We have Provincial bussing using double decker busses. This does not allow for trees to overhang the road unless they are over 5 meters from grade.

I am looking for examples of other municipities that have similarities in this type of development.
What was done to give the trees adequate soil and habitat to survive?
What types of trees where used?
What issues did they have?
What surfaces were used around the trees?
Thank you all for your attention to this.I am looking for examples that can be shown to the BIA group, Town Council, Staff.

Sent from Rogers Yahoo Mail on Android