[CANUFNET] In Celebration of Erik Jorgensen - the Inventor of Urban Forestry | En hommage à Erik Jorgensen, l'inventeur de la foresterie urbaine

Jack Radecki jackandali at sympatico.ca
Thu Oct 28 22:51:08 EDT 2021

This is very fitting and makes me proud to be associated with Erik as his
work led to the founding of the Ontario Shade Tree Council now the Ontario
Urban Forest Council. This all happened at the Faculty of Forestry  now
disestablished by the University of Toronto. I had a very close relationship
with Bill Morsink who was is a sense the assistant to Erik. You can see him
with Erik in the attached pictures. I commend Mike Rosen for doing the
research and making this necessary tribute. I also remember Andy Kenney
preparing an article in the Forest History publication.

Today Urban Forestry has become a household word and we are all growing
within this realm.

Best Jack Radecki past Executive Director OUFC