[CANUFNET] ash tree question

Lorraine Johnson ljohnson051116 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 09:57:42 EDT 2021

Hi all,

Apologies if this question has already been addressed by the group.

I'm wondering whether or not you are recommending (or advising against) the
planting of ash trees in Ontario at this time?

I'm aware that some municipalities (Toronto, for example) have bans on the
planting of ash trees on City-owned property, but my question relates to
recommendations for private land-holders.

Ash trees are still for sale at nurseries. Should people plant them or not
in Ontario?

I'm assuming no, but wonder if there is consensus on this.

With thanks in advance for your thoughts,
Lorraine Johnson
Toronto, Ontario