[CANUFNET] Tree bylaw proposal city of Dieppe NB

Alexandre Truchon-Savard alexandre.truchon-savard at dieppe.ca
Tue May 2 09:24:49 EDT 2023

Dear CANUFNET members,

I am very glad to have discovered this network and wish I did sooner. The city of Dieppe in New Brunswick is looking into adopting what would be the first public and private tree bylaw in Atlantic Canada that we know of. We are heading towards the first public reading on Monday May 8th after having worked on this for the past 2-3 years. We did our best to follow consultants recommendations as well as confer with other municipalities with similar bylaws to answer the needs and reality of our 30 000 people community. If some of you are interested in following up the process and perhaps provide some pointers from past experiences, we will welcome all comments.

More information of our project can be found at Dieppe.ca/arbres (available in English also).

We are also hiring urban foresters to help us fulfill our vision. Don't hesitate to communicate with me if you want more information.

Sincerely,

ALEXANDRE TRUCHON-SAVARD, M.Sc. Biologie
Directeur - Director
Gestion de l'environnement * Environmental Management
Ville de Dieppe - City of Dieppe
t 506.877.7394
alexandre.truchon-savard at dieppe.ca<mailto:alexandre.truchon-savard at dieppe.ca>
dieppe.ca<http://www.dieppe.ca/>

Intrégrité/Integrity * Inclusion * Innovation

S'il vous plaît, pensez à l'environnement avant d'imprimer ce courriel

[Dieppe Noir et Blanc]

Toute correspondance créée, reçue ou envoyée par les employés, agents ou les élus de la Ville de Dieppe pourrait être divulguée conformément aux dispositions de la Loi sur le droit à l'information et la protection de la vie privée de la province du Nouveau-Brunswick.

Any correspondence created, sent or received by employees, agents, or elected officials of the City of Dieppe may be subject to disclosure under the provisions of the Right to Information and Protection of Privacy Act of the Province of New Brunswick.