[CANUFNET] Seeking a Master's student at UBC Forestry - Full Funding Available

Park, Keunhyun keun.park at ubc.ca
Tue Jun 6 20:45:59 EDT 2023

Dear CANUFNET community (sorry for the cross-posting if you also subscribe the URBANFORESTS list),

I am Keun Park, an assistant professor of urban forestry at the University of British Columbia (UBC). I seek enthusiastic, disciplined, and collegial graduate students interested in pursuing a Master of Science in Forestry<https://forestry.ubc.ca/future-students/graduate/thesis-based-degrees/master-of-science-master-of-applied-science/>. A comprehensive funding package is available for two years, including stipends, a personal computer, conference travel support, and a dedicated workspace within our lab.

We are particularly excited about the following project:

  *   Project title: Bridging the Nature Access Gap through Multi-modal Strategies for Metro Vancouver
     *   Anticipated start date: January 2024
     *   Research objectives
        *   1) Identify socio-economically disadvantaged neighbourhoods in Metro Vancouver that have limited access to regional parks and open spaces
        *   2) Design and assess GIS-based intervention scenarios within these communities, emphasizing shared mobility solutions
     *   Skills/interests needed: GIS (network analysis and simulation), mapping visualization, statistical analysis, urban and transportation design, green space accessibility

If interested, please email me at keun.park at ubc.ca<mailto:keun.park at ubc.ca> your materials before June 16th. For further details, please visit my Urban Nature DEsign Research (UNDER) Lab website at https://park.forestry.ubc.ca/contact/.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any inquiries or need further clarification.

Best,

Keun
--
Keunhyun Park, Ph.D.