[CANUFNET] Heritage Trees

Julian Dunster jadunster at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 16:33:24 EDT 2024

Out in BC it is not unusual to see tree bylaws with a Significant Tree
definition and a list of said trees by address as an Appendix.
Prohibitions against removal of Protected trees includes Significant
tree. Saanich is a good example of that approach. I suspect that being
on the list may be a voluntary approach rather than a requirement.

https://www.saanich.ca/assets/Local~Government/Documents/Bylaws~and~Policies/tree-protection-bylaw-2014-no-9272.pdf

Yours sincerely,

On Behalf of Dunster and Associates Environmental Consultants Ltd.

Dr. Julian A Dunster R.P.F., R.P.P.., M.C.I.P., ISA Certified Arborist,
ASCA Registered Consulting Arborist # 378,
ISA Tree Risk Assessment Qualified
Honourary Life Member ISA + PNWISA

www.dunster.ca		www.treelaw.info		North American distributor for Rinntechwww.rinntech.info