[CANUFNET] Heritage Trees

Elaine Ethier elaine.ethier at umontreal.ca
Thu Apr 18 12:03:07 EDT 2024

Hello,
Very few cities have Champion tree or Heritage designation. Montreal has put together a very important document. Efforts were made by a group of professionals including landscape architect Wendy Graham, horticulturists, biologists, and certified arborist. It doesn’t make a bylaw but does provide meaningful information for better jugement in regards to exceptional trees, their contributions and health.
Look this up, even though in French, remarkable trees one can understand the main classifications used.

Elaine

<https://ville.montreal.qc.ca/siteofficieldumontroyal/arbres-remarquables>
Arbres remarquables | Le site officiel du Mont-Royal<https://ville.montreal.qc.ca/siteofficieldumontroyal/arbres-remarquables>
ville.montreal.qc.ca<https://ville.montreal.qc.ca/siteofficieldumontroyal/arbres-remarquables>