[CANUFNET] Materials for base of trees

Alison Bond abond at envision-tatham.com
Fri Apr 26 16:05:55 EDT 2024

Hi Taylor,

The Town of Collingwood (Ontario) has open tree pits surrounded by unit pavers in their downtown.  Last year they installed clear stone mixed with resin to tidy things up and provide for a better walking surface.  I think it may have been supplied by Green Blue Urban.  The idea is that it remains porous, while provide a firmer surface.

It’s tidy and seems to be wearing well, but I haven’t looked at it closely this spring.

(I can take pictures of it if you wish.)

Regards,
Alison

Alison Bond BSc MSc BLA OALA CSLA
Landscape Architect and Certified Arborist

ENVISION-TATHAM Inc.
115 Sandford Fleming Drive, Suite 200, Collingwood, ON  L9Y 5A6
abond at envision-tatham.com<mailto:abond at envision-tatham.com> I Tel: 705.445.0422<tel:7054450422> I Fax: 705.444.2327<tel:7054442327> I Cell: 705.994.2059<tel:7059942059> I www.envision-tatham.com<http://www.envision-tatham.com/>
This email may contain confidential and/or privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.