[homeles_ot-l] New info: Shepherds of Good Hope, Hope Outreach

Joanne Hansen joanne at shepherdsofgoodhope.com
Thu Sep 6 12:46:20 EDT 2007

Hi Lynn,

Could you post this update on the services we are currently providing  in
one of our four Shelter programs, Hope Outreach.

Hope Outreach is a 46 bed emergency shelter, at this time providing services
for women and transgender individuals who are homeless or at risk of
homelessness. Hope Outreach provides residents with a safe place  and
coordinated care by psychiatric nurses, outreach workers and medical
outreach teams.
On site services include: addiction assessment/support, case
management/housing support as well as community referrals. Clients are
assessed on an individual basis, to determine their barriers to housing and
are fully supported, non-judgmentally, in overcoming these barriers. Intake
is on a 24- hour basis. Shared accommodation and three meals a day are
provided along with access to  showers, laundry, hygiene supplies, safer
injection equipment and a clothing program.

Thanks

Joanne Hansen
Shepherds of Good Hope
Senior Manager Hope Outreach, Women's Stabilization Program
613-688-2929 x 337