[homeles_ot-l] How homeless people can vote - Elections Ontario

Lynne Browne lbrowne at ysb.on.ca
Wed Sep 12 10:00:00 EDT 2007

FYI from Elections Ontario.  Please circulate / post.

Good morning,

Elections Ontario is committed to ensuring all electors have access to the
province’s electoral process – the next general election was called
yesterday and is scheduled for October 10.

Please help us ensure electors who are homeless have access to the electoral
process. The attached information will give you an overview of how,
including a process for shelter administers to provide a “Certification of
Identity and Residence” to satisfy identification requirements.

Please feel free to circulate it to your members and affiliates. We would
appreciate knowing if this information is useful to you and how you might be
able to distribute it - please let me know, thanks.

FYI - as in 2003, our returning office teams include liaison officers for
the homeless. Their role is to contact shelters and drop-in centres in their
electoral districts to share this information and make sure electors who are
homeless know when and where to vote.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns.

Many thanks for helping to ensure all electors have access to the provincial
election process.

Heather Bussey

Manager, Communications & External Relations

Elections Ontario

51 Rolark Drive

Toronto, Ontario M1R 3B1

HYPERLINK "http://www.elections.on.ca"www.elections.on.ca

416-326-5489

1 800-677-8683

VOTING. EVERY DAY IT MATTERS.

Lynne Browne
Coordinator, Alliance to End Homelessness
147 Besserer Street, Ottawa ON  K1N 6A7
613-241-7913 x 205, lbrowne at ysb.on.ca
www.endhomelessnessottawa.ca

Checked by AVG Free Edition.