[homeles_ot-l] FW: The Community Tool Box eNewsletter

Tim D. Aubry taubry at uottawa.ca
Wed Aug 13 20:56:15 EDT 2008

FYI.

________________________________

From: toolbox at ku.edu [mailto:toolbox at ku.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2008 2:23 PM
To: Tim D. Aubry
Subject: The Community Tool Box eNewsletter

 <http://ctb.ku.edu/ctb-newsletter/files/graphics/top_round.gif>

 <http://ctb.ku.edu/ctb-newsletter/other/urlmanager.jsp?url_id=999999&type_id=1>

 <http://ctb.ku.edu/ctb-newsletter/files/graphics/spacer.gif>

CTB eNewsletter Summer 2008  <http://ctb.ku.edu/ctb-newsletter/files/graphics/spacer.gif>

 <http://ctb.ku.edu/ctb-newsletter/files/graphics/spacer.gif>

Greetings from the Community Tool Box! We are wishing you the best as you engage in important work in your community. We are enjoying a busy and productive summer and hope you'll take a minute to learn about some of the exciting things going on in our global community.

Since 1994, we have been helping communities address goals and solve problems in order to become safer, healthier, and more just. Please help us share this eNewsletter with others who may be interested, and let us know if you'd like to contribute a translation or a success story to enrich this global resource for making a difference.

 <http://ctb.ku.edu/ctb-newsletter/filedownload?databaseName=Newsletter&tableName=CONTENT&columnName=THUMBNAIL_IMAGE&referenceTableName=CONTENT_THUMBNAIL_FILE_META&keyName=CONTENT_ID&rowId=741&dbOwner=dbo> The Community Tool Box Receives $60,000 Grant for Spanish Language Translation
With support from a funding partner, the KU Work Group for Community Health and Development will expand access to the Community Tool Box through language translation into Spanish. more> <http://ctb.ku.edu/ctb-newsletter/other/urlmanager.jsp?url=index.jsp&url_id=999999&type_id=1&content_id=741>

 <http://ctb.ku.edu/ctb-newsletter/files/graphics/spacer.gif>

 <http://ctb.ku.edu/ctb-newsletter/filedownload?databaseName=Newsletter&tableName=CONTENT&columnName=THUMBNAIL_IMAGE&referenceTableName=CONTENT_THUMBNAIL_FILE_META&keyName=CONTENT_ID&rowId=747&dbOwner=dbo> New Sections Available on the Community Tool Box
We are continually writing and translating materials for the Community Tool Box. Check out our newest published materials. more> <http://ctb.ku.edu/ctb-newsletter/other/urlmanager.jsp?url=index.jsp&url_id=999999&type_id=1&content_id=747>

 <http://ctb.ku.edu/ctb-newsletter/files/graphics/spacer.gif>

 <http://ctb.ku.edu/ctb-newsletter/filedownload?databaseName=Newsletter&tableName=CONTENT&columnName=THUMBNAIL_IMAGE&referenceTableName=CONTENT_THUMBNAIL_FILE_META&keyName=CONTENT_ID&rowId=745&dbOwner=dbo> The CTB on PBS
The Community Tool Box is being listed as a special feature on Your America, a site hosted by NOW on PBS. more> <http://ctb.ku.edu/ctb-newsletter/other/urlmanager.jsp?url=index.jsp&url_id=999999&type_id=1&content_id=745>

 <http://ctb.ku.edu/ctb-newsletter/files/graphics/spacer.gif>

 <http://ctb.ku.edu/ctb-newsletter/filedownload?databaseName=Newsletter&tableName=CONTENT&columnName=THUMBNAIL_IMAGE&referenceTableName=CONTENT_THUMBNAIL_FILE_META&keyName=CONTENT_ID&rowId=748&dbOwner=dbo> Community Tool Box Team Members Present at International Conference in Lisbon, Portugal
Four of the Community Tool Box team members made two presentations at the Second International Community Psychology Conference in Lisbon, Portugal. more> <http://ctb.ku.edu/ctb-newsletter/other/urlmanager.jsp?url=index.jsp&url_id=999999&type_id=1&content_id=748>

 <http://ctb.ku.edu/ctb-newsletter/files/graphics/spacer.gif>

 <http://ctb.ku.edu/ctb-newsletter/filedownload?databaseName=Newsletter&tableName=CONTENT&columnName=THUMBNAIL_IMAGE&referenceTableName=CONTENT_THUMBNAIL_FILE_META&keyName=CONTENT_ID&rowId=744&dbOwner=dbo> Share your Community's Success Story
Contribute to the CTB by sharing your community's success story. Sharing your story can help others learn how to tackle similar problems and issues. more> <http://ctb.ku.edu/ctb-newsletter/other/urlmanager.jsp?url=index.jsp&url_id=999999&type_id=1&content_id=744>

 <http://ctb.ku.edu/ctb-newsletter/files/graphics/spacer.gif>

 <http://ctb.ku.edu/ctb-newsletter/filedownload?databaseName=Newsletter&tableName=CONTENT&columnName=THUMBNAIL_IMAGE&referenceTableName=CONTENT_THUMBNAIL_FILE_META&keyName=CONTENT_ID&rowId=754&dbOwner=dbo> We are looking for Spanish Speaking Volunteers!
We are looking for volunteers to help us translate sections of the Community Tool Box into Spanish. more> <http://ctb.ku.edu/ctb-newsletter/other/urlmanager.jsp?url=index.jsp&url_id=999999&type_id=1&content_id=754>

 <http://ctb.ku.edu/ctb-newsletter/files/graphics/spacer.gif>

 <http://ctb.ku.edu/ctb-newsletter/filedownload?databaseName=Newsletter&tableName=CONTENT&columnName=THUMBNAIL_IMAGE&referenceTableName=CONTENT_THUMBNAIL_FILE_META&keyName=CONTENT_ID&rowId=755&dbOwner=dbo> Spread the Word
Help us spread the word about the Community Tool Box! more> <http://ctb.ku.edu/ctb-newsletter/other/urlmanager.jsp?url=index.jsp&url_id=999999&type_id=1&content_id=755>

 <http://ctb.ku.edu/ctb-newsletter/files/graphics/spacer.gif>

 <http://ctb.ku.edu/ctb-newsletter/files/graphics/spacer.gif>

 <http://ctb.ku.edu/ctb-newsletter/files/graphics/spacer.gif>

 <http://ctb.ku.edu/ctb-newsletter/files/graphics/spacer.gif>

 <http://ctb.ku.edu/ctb-newsletter/files/graphics/online_feature_hder.gif>

CTB Services <http://ctb.ku.edu/en/services/>

KU Work Group for Community Health and Development <http://communityhealth.ku.edu/>

What Users are Saying

"...This is used tremendously to develop programs throughout the world...An impressive tool."
-David Wyatt, Denver, CO

"After searching hundreds of websites, we found that The Community Tool Box is particularly useful to our mission of helping interested citizens create meaningful change from the bottom up."
-John Siceloff, Executive Producer of NOW on PBS

"Estoy muy motivada a incorporar las herramientas de la caja para mis actividades como docente de enfermeria comunitaria, me parecen sencillas y los mas importante que pueden dejar resultado positivo y causar un gran impacto en las comunidades."
"I am really motivated to add the tools from The Community Tool Box into my activities as a community nursing teacher. I find the tools simple and, more important, it can produce positive results and great impact in the communities."
-Yasmirys Thais Valdeblanquez Martinexçz, Maracaibo, Zulia, Venezuela

 <http://ctb.ku.edu/ctb-newsletter/files/graphics/spacer.gif>

 <http://ctb.ku.edu/ctb-newsletter/files/graphics/spacer.gif>

 <http://ctb.ku.edu/ctb-newsletter/files/graphics/spacer.gif>

 <http://ctb.ku.edu/ctb-newsletter/files/graphics/spacer.gif>

Our Mission:
To promote community health and development by connecting people, ideas and resources.

Contact Us:
KU Work Group for Community Health and Development
4082 Dole Human Development Center
1000 Sunnyside Ave.
University of Kansas
Lawrence, KS 66045-7555 (U.S.A.)

Telephone: (785) 864-0533
Fax: (785) 864-5281
Email: Toolbox at ku.edu
http://www.communityhealth.ku.edu

 <http://ctb.ku.edu/ctb-newsletter/files/graphics/spacer.gif>

 <http://ctb.ku.edu/ctb-newsletter/files/graphics/spacer.gif>

 <http://ctb.ku.edu/ctb-newsletter/files/graphics/spacer.gif>

 <http://ctb.ku.edu/ctb-newsletter/files/graphics/spacer.gif>

 <http://ctb.ku.edu/ctb-newsletter/files/graphics/spacer.gif>

 <http://ctb.ku.edu/ctb-newsletter/files/graphics/spacer.gif>

 <http://ctb.ku.edu/ctb-newsletter/files/graphics/ctb_smlogo_footer.gif>

We encourage you to contribute to the CTB by signing the guestbook <http://ctb.ku.edu/en/guestbook.jsp> , emailing translations, links, tools, community stories, feedback, or other ideas to toolbox at ku.edu. Wishing you all the best!

Copyright © 2008, Community Tool Box. All Rights Reserved.

 <http://ctb.ku.edu/ctb-newsletter/files/graphics/spacer.gif>

 <http://ctb.ku.edu/ctb-newsletter/files/graphics/bttm_bar.gif>