[homeles_ot-l] new session of Discovery University

Deborah Dempsey dlbtwbd.dempsey at rogers.com
Wed Aug 27 17:45:38 EDT 2008

Hello Everyone

Preparations are now underway for Discovery University’s next course: Ethics in a Global World. This course explores the global nature of our world from an ethical perspective. We focus on the ethical challenges and opportunities of our global world where we share one economy, one environment and one human community. Topics include: culture and diversity in a global world; global economics and poverty; global gender issues; global justice; the global ecological crisis.

The course will be held from Friday, October 3 to Friday, December 5 from 1:30 - 3:30 p.m. on the campus of the University of Ottawa. A weekly tutorial session will also be held on Wednesday evenings from 7 - 8:30 p.m. at First Baptist Church, Laurier at Elgin. A light supper will be offered before the tutorial session at 6:30 p.m. for those who have not eaten.

We are now accepting application packages from those who wish to participate in this course, and I have attached a Student Application Poster which you may post to provide some information about this.

I have also attached two documents which should be given to anyone interested in applying: a Registration Form and a Deciding If It's For You questionnaire. These should be filled out completely and returned by mail or fax to First Baptist Church by Friday, September 12.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at First Baptist Church.
Many thanks,

Patti Linn

Discovery University Administrative Assistant / Tutor Coordinator
phone - 613-234-3261 / fax - 613-234-5387 / email - office at firstbaptistottawa.ca
First Baptist Church
140 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa, ON     K1P 5J4