[homeles_ot-l] Canadian Association of Nurses in AIDS Care FW: conference and preconference April 19-22 in Ottawa

Lynne Browne lbrowne at ysb.on.ca
Wed Feb 27 09:47:08 EST 2008

FYI
-----Original Message-----
From: Hannah Cowen [mailto:hcowen at oasischc.on.ca]
Sent: February 26, 2008 8:47 PM
To: lbrowne at ysb.on.ca
Subject: CANAC conference and preconference

Hello Lynne,
Please forward this email and attachments to the homelessness listserv.

I am co-chair of the organising committee of the 16th annual education
conference of the Canadian Association of Nurses in AIDS Care which will
be April 19-22, 2008 at the Lord Elgin Hotel here in Ottawa. Our theme
is " The Power of HIV Nursing : Context and Connections".

I of course invite all nurses or interested health care workers to
attend the whole conference if they can but I also draw your attention
to the Saturday preconference day of sessions on HIV, Hepatitis C,
addictions and  mental illness- for $100, a person can get 4 of these
excellent courses in one day.  Health breaks (but not lunch) are
provided; one set of the courses is in French; one in English so people
can attend in the language of their choice.
We think these would be great for students and for new staff in the
field- as well as good refreshers for those of us who have been around
for a while.

More info and forms to print off for registration are at www.canac.org,
or people can call me at Oasis.
Thank you!
hannah

Hannah Cowen , R.N./IA
Oasis
221 Nelson Street
First floor
Ottawa, ON K1N 1C7
613-569-3484 fax/telecop
613-569-3488-ext/loc 2115
join us/ venez  nous joindre
April 19-22,2008
16th conference of Canadian Association of Nurses in AIDS Care
Association Canadienne des Infirmieres/Infirmiers en Sidologie
www.canac.org

Lynne Browne
Coordinator, Alliance to End Homelessness
147 Besserer Street, Ottawa ON  K1N 6A7
613-241-7913 x 205, lbrowne at ysb.on.ca
www.endhomelessnessottawa.ca

Checked by AVG Free Edition.