[homeles_ot-l] Hub-web-based FW: Connecting people to homelessness research, resources and each other

Lynne Browne lbrowne at ysb.on.ca
Mon May 12 10:38:45 EDT 2008

FYI

Lynne Browne
Coordinator, Alliance to End Homelessness
147 Besserer Street, Ottawa ON  K1N 6A7
613-241-7913 x 205, lbrowne at ysb.on.ca
www.endhomelessnessottawa.ca

   _____

Connecting people to homelessness research, resources and each other

Call to Action

HYPERLINK
"http://www.homelesshub.ca/hh/default.cfm?incfile=library&linkto=upload"Shar
e Your Knowledge

HYPERLINK
"http://www.homelesshub.ca/hh/default.cfm?incfile=network&linkto=0"Join the
Hub Network

Spread the word

HYPERLINK
"http://www.homelesshub.ca/hh/default.cfm?incfile=feedback"Feedback

Contact Us

HYPERLINK "http://www.homelesshub.ca/"www.homelesshub.ca

or

by email at

HYPERLINK "mailto:thehub at edu.yorku.ca"thehub at edu.yorku.ca

Announcement                                      May 15, 2008

We are pleased to announce the official launch of The Homeless Hub - a new
web-based research library and information centre. Our mission is to be the
first place to search for homelessness information, where community services
providers, researchers, government representatives, and the general public
can access and share research and best practices. In addition to our
searchable library, The Homeless Hub is designed to make research accessible
to a broad range of audiences through the use of plain language summaries,
and stories from individuals and community workers that give personal
perspectives on homelessness.

To find the Homeless Hub, simply go to: www.homelesshub.ca

Help Us Help You

This website’s success depends on submissions of articles, reports, fact
sheets, and dozens of other kinds of research and resource items, from
researchers, community service organizations, policy makers, and those who
have experienced homelessness – all stakeholders in homelessness. Therefore,
in addition to searching the website, we invite you to:

*      Share your knowledge by submitting your research, documents and/or
citations of works, and permit us to include them in our library’s open
access environment.

*      Join the Hub Network and allow us to make your core contact
information visible for other stakeholders to contact you for collaboration
purposes.

*      Recommend and refer other stakeholders to The Homeless Hub as the
first place to start to get connected to homelessness information and
people.

The Homeless Hub is brought to you with the support of York University and
the Government of Canada’s Homelessness Partnering Secretariat. We would
like to thank our partners and National Advisory Body members for their
input and help:

Dallas Alderson, Federation of Canadian Municipalities; Tim Aubry, U of
Ottawa; Andrea Austin, City of Toronto; Richard Barry & Carolann Barr,
Raising the Roof; Céline Bellot, Université de Quebec à Montréal; Alice
Broughton, Sherbourne Health Centre; Jim Frankish, UBC; Arlene Hache,
Yellowknife Women’s Centre; Bradley Harris, Salvation Army; James Hughes,
Old Brewery Mission; David Hulchanski, University of Toronto; Roch
Hurtubese, Université de Sherbrooke; Stephen Hwang, St. Mikes/U of T; Jeff
Karabanow, Dalhousie University; Harvey Low, City of Toronto; Andre Lyn,
Social Research; Wangari Muriuki, Street Health; Marta Nestaiko & Maria
Tiley, Homelessness Partnering Strategy; Bill O’Grady, U of Guelph; Bruce
Pearce, St. John's Community Advisory Committee on Homelessness; Elise Roy,
U de Sherbrooke; Michel Simard, Centre Le Havre De Trois-Rivières; Sharon
Stroick, City of Calgary; Charlene Tehkummah, Aboriginal Legal Services; Jim
Wasilenko, Saskatoon Housing Initiatives Partnership

Checked by AVG.
7:44 AM

Checked by AVG.
7:44 AM