[homeles_ot-l] Fwd: [odspfireside: 17144 ] Fw: UPDATE for May 2008: e-newsletter from the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing

Terrie mocharebyl at gmail.com
Fri May 30 19:40:33 EDT 2008

*Subject:* UPDATE for May 2008: e-newsletter from the Ministry of Municipal
Affairs and Housing

  [image: UPDATE - a newsletter from the Ontario Ministry of Municipal
Affairs and Housing]  * May 2008 *
*Subscribe<http://www.mah.gov.on.ca/Page28.aspx>
*Feedback<mahupdate at ontario.ca>
*

McGuinty Government Announces Funding For Rent
Banks<http://www.premier.gov.on.ca/news/Product.asp?ProductID=2248&Lang=EN>

Recognizing Long-Standing Service In Northern
Ontario<http://www.mah.gov.on.ca/Page5509.aspx?DateTime=633465378000000000&PageMode=View>

Honouring Ontario's Fallen Police
Officers<http://www.premier.gov.on.ca/news/Product.asp?ProductID=2195&Lang=EN>

Rental Opportunity for Ontario Families (ROOF)  A second Chance to
Apply<http://www.mah.gov.on.ca/Page4842.aspx>

"Together We're Building a Strong Ontario"
Video<http://www.mah.gov.on.ca/Page5401.aspx>

*MESSAGE FROM MINISTER JIM WATSON*

Our government is helping more low-income renters to stay in their homes by
investing an additional $5 million in our Provincial Rent Bank Program.
Rent banks have been very successful in helping low-income tenants avoid
eviction for missing a rent payment.*  **Read
more<http://www.mah.gov.on.ca/Page5537.aspx>
*
[image: Photo of Minister Jim Watson]

*MEETING THE UNIQUE NEEDS OF THE NORTH*

"The neighbours are so impressed."  That's how a Thunder Bay homeowner
describes repairs to her home under the Northern Home Repair Program.  *Read
more <http://www.mah.gov.on.ca/Page5538.aspx>*
[image: A proud Sheila Karasiewicz displays photographs of her
newly-renovated home to Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing Jim Watson
in Thunder Bay. Her home renovations were carried out under the Northern
Home Repair Program.]

*RECOGNIZING YEARS OF SERVICE*

Municipal Affairs and Housing Minister Jim Watson honoured four municipal
officials from Northern Ontario at the annual conference of the Federation
of Northern Ontario Municipalities/Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing
earlier this month in Sault Ste Marie.  *Read
more<http://www.mah.gov.on.ca/Page5539.aspx>
*
[image: Municipal Affairs and Housing Minister Jim Watson stands between
Spanish Mayor Gary Bishop and Blind River Councillor Lila Cyr after
presenting them with Long-standing Service awards.]
*Français<http://www.mah.gov.on.ca/Update_newsletter/2008/may08/fre/update_may08fr.html>
*

*Update* is published by the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and
Housing<http://www.mah.gov.on.ca>
Privacy<http://www.gov.on.ca/ont/portal/%21ut/p/.cmd/cs/.ce/7_0_A/.s/7_0_252/_s.7_0_A/7_0_252/_l/en?docid=004228>|
External
Links Disclaimer<http://www.gov.on.ca/ont/portal/%21ut/p/.cmd/cs/.ce/7_0_A/.s/7_0_252/_s.7_0_A/7_0_252/_l/en?docid=004231>
(c) Queen's Printer for
Ontario<http://www.gov.on.ca/ont/portal/%21ut/p/.cmd/cs/.ce/7_0_A/.s/7_0_252/_s.7_0_A/7_0_252/_l/en?docid=004222>,
2008

Terrie ( mocharebyl at gmail.com )
"If you see an injustice being committed, you aren't an observer, you are a
participant." June Callwood
Prejudice is a burden that confuses the past, threatens the future and
renders the present inaccessible. Maya Angelou