[homeles_ot-l] Nov. 18th 2008 Community Forum on Homelessness - Update on Panels

Lynne Browne lbrowne at ysb.on.ca
Mon Oct 20 12:59:31 EDT 2008

Hello Everyone,

All of us have been very busy over the last several weeks but I thought I’d
take a moment to let you know about two of our presenters at the ATEH
November 18th 2008 Community Forum on Homelessness, Linking Research with
Action and Policy. The detailed program will out in a few days.

Marie-Eve Sylvestre has joined the Panel on the Homelessness and the
Criminal Justice System. She is a Professor in the Faculty of Law in the
Civil Law Section at the University of Ottawa, and she’ll be talking about
the number of tickets issued in Ottawa and Toronto since the adoption of the
Street Safe Streets Act in 1999 as well as sharing some comparative data
from her fieldwork in Montreal.

Josh Greenberg has joined the panel on Getting the Word Out. He’s a
Professor in the School of Journalism & Communication at Carleton University
as well as the Director of the Centre for Voluntary Sector Research &
Development at Carleton. One of the things he’ll be talking about is the 5
year print media scan on stories about homelessness and related issues done
recently for ATEH.

The Forum takes place on Tuesday, November 18, 2008 at the University of
Ottawa, Tabaret Hall Chapel at 75 Laurier E., 1st Floor, 9:00 am–2:30 pm.

Registration is free and lunch is provided. We hold our forum in honour of
NATIONAL HOUSING DAY

Watch for more soon,

Lynne

147 Besserer Street, Ottawa, ON K1N 6A7