[homeles_ot-l] Fwd: 25 Cent Fare, Wed. Oct. 29th

Terrie mocharebyl at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 13:12:52 EDT 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Catherine Gardner <catherinegardner at magma.ca>
Date: Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 1:09 PM
Subject: 25 Cent Fare, Wed. Oct. 29th
To: Catherine Gardner <catherinegardner at magma.ca>

 Dear Community Members,

I would ask that you pass this onto anyone you know who uses OC and or Para!

As some of you maybe aware on Wed. Oct. 29th fares on all OC Transpo routes
will be $.25!  This is in celebration of the Transit Way's 25th anniversary!

*Ticket / cash users*

I am encouraging all Para Transpo riders who presently pay by cash or ticket
to pay their Para driver on Oct. 29th with a quarter!

Some drivers have told me that we cannot do this as this is a special
service, however if we pay cash or ticket on OC it is exactly the same fare
on Para (2 tickets or $3. during the day)! For this reason, I encourage all
riders to only pay the 25 cent fare!  If Para objects please have them write
you up but make sure you give the driver the 25 cents!

*Pass users*

If you have a pass, please put it away for this day and pay only with the
quarter.  If Para says no then ask them to write you up.  If you have
already used Para this month with your pass then they already have your pass
number on file and this would mean that you have topped up with the
quarter.  After all, all routes including rural / express are 25 cents for
this one day.

Para Transpo also uses the Transit Way!

Thanks and have a good day!

Catherine Gardner

Community Advocate, www.catherinegardner.ca

Cans for Pets Recycling Program www.cansforpets.ca

(613) 726-3609 (Voice / TTY)

[image: Great Blue Heron Photo]

Freelance Photojournalist, www.pbase.com/catherinegardner

--
Terrie ( mocharebyl at gmail.com )
"If you see an injustice being committed, you aren't an observer, you are a