[homeles_ot-l] Notice of Memorial (attached poster)

Darryl Andre Darryl.A at davesmithcentre.org
Wed Sep 10 15:03:27 EDT 2008

Nice to hear from you, Jane.

The issue here is not one of truth, either way.
The issue is it is inappropriate to ask community service providers to align themselves with conjecture, albeit purportedly fact based.

Though you (and others) may have knowledge and experience that underscores the circumstances in this case, the service providers being asked to post this invitation to a memorial service may not.

Therefore, asking for "endorsement by association" is (for me) inappropriate. As such, it could in effect cause more harm, since there are clients who could construe the information on the invitation in ways that could undermine effective service they may be currently be receiving from child welfare agencies.

I believe that there is most definitely a platform to bring the truth to light.
This request to post an invitation to a memorial service may not be it.

Regards,

Darryl Andre

Darryl André, Substance Abuse Counsellor

Dave Smith Youth Treatment Centre (DSYTC)

786 Bronson Ave. Ottawa, ON K1S 4G4

613-594-8333 xt. 112

fax: 613-594-5623

www.davesmithcentre.org

This communication is intended to be received by the individual or entity to whom or to which is addressed and contains information that is privileged, confidential and subject to copyright. Any unauthorized use, copying, review or disclosure is prohibited. If received in error, please contact me at the telephone number above. Thank you.

Cette Communication doit être reçue seulement par le/la ou les destinataire(s) et l'information contenue est de nature privilégiée, confidentielle et sujette au droit d'auteur. Tout emploi non autorisé de ce message est interdit. Si cette communication vous a été acheminée par erreur, veuillez en aviser le/la soussigné(e) au numéro de téléphone mentionné ci-dessus. Merci.