[homeles_ot-l] Photo taken at ATEH 'unveiling' press conference this morning

Lynne Browne lbrowne at ysb.on.ca
Tue Sep 16 12:54:35 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,

Here are the photo from this morning and the media kit info used at the ATEH
press conference this morning. We are calling on Harper (and the other
political parties) to commit now during the campaign to renewing the federal
homelessness funding right after Election Day. We appeared to have been
close to having an announcement late last week but it has never
materialized.

So far we’ve had coverage on CBC Radio One Morning Show at 6:40 this morning
and a number of media including CBC TV (was on at noon), Metro and Le Droit,
attended the conference. All other media have been forwarded the picture and
media kit.

This morning Loraine Bentley suggested it would be useful to have an
election sign so organizations can all put the same message in visible
places like windows. We’ll try get something out to you tomorrow.

In the meanwhile, remember to send emails for the Second Wave of the Email
Countdown Campaign which began at the 200 day point. We’re down to 196 days
now. It can be downloaded from our website HYPERLINK
"http://www.endhomelessnessottawa.ca/"http://www.endhomelessnessottawa.ca/

So far in this election homelessness, housing and poverty have not hit the
radar screen as an issue. Communities right across Canada are working hard
on solutions; it would be a terrible blow to not have at least the existing
pieces of federal funding in place to continue to support those efforts.

Good luck!

Lynne

147 Besserer Street, Ottawa, ON K1N 6A7
HYPERLINK "mailto:lbrowne at ysb.on.ca"lbrowne at ysb.on.ca,  613-241-7913 ext 205