[homeles_ot-l] SCAN legislation FW: Feb 5 for agencies-AttachedImage

Rob MacDonald robm at housinghelp.on.ca
Mon Jan 12 16:39:31 EST 2009

Actually, that came from Michael Chettleburgh's research, who I know has
done a lot of work for the police.  He was highly critical of this type of
legislation since it just 'clogged up' the justices system and put people
back on the street.  I also refer to your earlier e-mail where you state "I
agree that it moves problems around, but that has proven useful in other
provinces.  "If a drug operation moves frequently it is less damaging to the
fabric of the neighbourhood"