[homeles_ot-l] Help get the buses rolling again. Enough is enough! FW:

Lynne Browne lbrowne at ysb.on.ca
Tue Jan 20 15:32:13 EST 2009

FYI...looks like a darn good idea from Ecology Ottawa passed on to us by the
Ottawa Budget Coalition!

147 Besserer Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1N 6A7

613-241-7913, ext. 205, www.endhomelessnessottawa.ca

It's time to let city council know that we want an end to the transit strike
and we want it now! So Ecology Ottawa is launching an on-line petition
calling on Councillors to get the city moving again. The petition is short
and to the point:

"Dear City Councillors, Enough is enough! Public transit is an essential
part of a productive, healthy and environmentally sustainable city.  We need
all parties to sit down at the negotiating table and produce a fair deal
that will end the transit strike and get our city moving again."

Together we can send the city a strong message that Ottawans want action. We
are asking you to please:

1.      Forward this message to your friends, family and co-workers in
Ottawa.

2.      Go to HYPERLINK
"http://www.ecologyottawa.ca/take-action/sign-on/"http://www.ecologyottawa.c
a/take-action/sign-on/  and sign the petition.

3.      Pick up the phone and call the Mayor (613-580-2496) and your
Councillor. You can email too! (Contact info here: HYPERLINK
"http://www.ottawa.ca/city_hall/mayor_council/councillors/index_en.html"http
://www.ottawa.ca/city_hall/mayor_council/councillors/index_en.html),

4.      And let them know that you want action to resolve this strike.

We'll be sure to let City Councillors know as the number of signatures rise,
and if the strike isn't over by January 28th, we'll march down to City hall
and put them directly into your Councillors' hands.

Please help get the city moving again.

Sincerely,

Graham Saul

Chair, Ecology Ottawa