[homeles_ot-l] Notes on July 27th consultation & follow-up media release

Lynne Browne lbrowne at ysb.on.ca
Thu Jul 30 11:28:33 EDT 2009

>From Ottawa Branch of the Housing Network of Ontario

Following-up on Monday's very successful Affordable Housing Consultation,
please find attached meeting notes with Ottawa answers to the 5 questions
and a general summary of the community's impact that night.

Also attached is a response from Ottawa's HNO sent out to media this
morning.

1.	As the release points out, now we all need to advise people they can
send their solutions and stories until December 31st to the province's
website at www.mah.gov.on.ca/Page6405.aspx to ensure that their concerns are
not overlooked.

2.	Also, we all need to encourage people to ask their local riding
Member of Provincial Parliament to host an Affordable Housing Consultation.
Apparently the Hon. Madeline Meilleur MPP for Ottawa-Vanier and Philip
McNeely MPP for Ottawa Orleans are going to hold a francophone consultation
in October. We will pass on the date as soon as it is finalized.

*         Please take 2 minutes to call or email your MPP's office & ask
"When & where do you plan to hold a meeting to get input on the affordable
housing strategy being developed by the Ontario government?  We want to give
you input".

Thank you,

Ottawa Branch, HNO

147 Besserer St., 2nd Floor, Ottawa, ON K1N 6A7

613-241-7913, ext. 205

 <http://www.endhomelessnessottawa.ca/> www.endhomelessnessottawa.ca