[homeles_ot-l] SCAN Dies at Committee

Rob MacDonald robm at housinghelp.on.ca
Thu Nov 26 15:33:01 EST 2009

The Safer Communities and Neighbourhoods Act died yesterday in committee due
to the filibustering of both the NDP and Conservative Parties.  While most
tenant advocates in Ontario would have preferred that the bill was defeated
on the recognition that it violates basic civil rights and contributes
towards homelessness, we are pleased with the outcome.

Citizen story on the link below

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Opposition%20filibuster%20scuttles%20bill%20targeting%20high%20crime%20residences/2267303/story.html

 --
Rob MacDonald,

"Warriors, warriors we call ourselves.  We fight for
splendid virtue, for high endeavour, for sublime wisdom,
therefore we call ourselves warriors."
Aunguttara Nikaya