[homeles_ot-l] Fwd: Please endorse the Disability Declaration

Terrie mocharebyl at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 01:36:19 EDT 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Nancy Vander Plaats (SCAR) <VanderpN at lao.on.ca>
Date: 2009/10/5
Subject: Please endorse the Disability Declaration

 Dear ODSP Action Coalition Supporters,

 We are pleased to announce the completion of the Coalition’s Disability
Declaration. This document outlines the key changes that the Coalition is
pushing for in the Ontario Disability Support Program and links them to our
basic human rights, as outlined in the UN Convention on the Rights of
Persons with Disabilities. The Disability Declaration will provide a
framework for our argument using a rights-based approach, and will be an
excellent tool for advocating to government officials and for raising public
awareness.

 The strength of this document will lie in its support from people like you.
We are therefore asking all of our recipient, non-recipient and agency
members to *endorse the Disability Declaration*.  “Endorsement” simply means
that you support the statement of the rights that are expressed and you want
the government to act to make the changes to ODSP.  You can send your
endorsements by email to Nancy Vander Plaats at vanderpn at lao.on.ca, or by
fax to 416-438-7206, or by mail to the Coalition c/o Scarborough Community
Legal Services, 695 Markham Rd., Suite 9, M1h 2A5.

 If you have any questions about the Disability Declaration, feel free to
contact Kyle or Nancy by email or by phone.

 Thank you for your ongoing support of the Coalition’s work.

Nancy Vander Plaats  vanderpn at lao.on.ca 416 699-4893

                                             Kyle
Vose cayocito at hotmail.com 647
885-9272

                                 Co-chairs,
ODSP Action Coalition

The Declaration is attached both as a PDF file (which is preferable to use
if you are printing it to distribute hard copies), and as a WORD file for
those whose document reading technology cannot access PDF.

--
Terrie ( mocharebyl at gmail.com )
“If you see an injustice being committed, you aren't an observer, you are a