[homeles_ot-l] Fwd: [c2000-l] TAKE ACTION ON NOVEMBER 24th!

Terrie mocharebyl at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 10:46:47 EDT 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: GRANOFSKY, Thomas <ThomasGr at familyservicetoronto.org>
Date: 2009/10/30
Subject: [c2000-l] TAKE ACTION ON NOVEMBER 24th!
To: c2000-l at list.web.net

  <http://www.campaign2000.ca/>

Greetings to all:

We need your support and partnership!  We need your participation on
Tuesday, Nov. 24th! Nov. 24th will mark the 20th year of the unanimous
all-party resolution to end child poverty in Canada by the year 2000.

We are urging you to join us in taking action this November 24th

As usual, Campaign 2000 and 7 of its provincial partners will be marking
this shameful occasion by releasing the annual Report Card on Child and
Family Poverty in cities from coast to coast, including Ottawa, Fredericton,
Halifax, Toronto, Winnipeg, Regina, Edmonton and Vancouver.  Special events
are also  being held on November 24th, including:

            -MP Breakfast (Ottawa)

            -mid-day Rally on the Hill (Ottawa)

            -Vigil at Queen’s Park (Toronto)

*Suggestions for Action:*

* *

·        *Attend the mid-day Rally on Parliament Hill (Ottawa) or Vigil at
Queen’s Park (Toronto)*

·        *Encourage your local MP to attend the MP Breakfast on Parliament
Hill (see attached invitation for details)*

·        *Send out a Press Release about the 20th Anniversary *

·        *Include information about the Report Card and any special events
in your newsletter or on your website*

·        *Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper on November
25th regarding the 20th Anniversary*

·        *Send out an email blast to your network encouraging action*

If your organization or network is planning any events in and around Nov. 24
th, we’d love to hear more details from you.  Please email Thomas at
thomasgr at familyservicetoronto.org soon.  Stay posted for more actions and
updates.

Thank you.  Look forward to hearing from you soon.

* *

*Stay tuned for an e-action email coming soon!*

Thomas Granofsky

Student Intern

Campaign 2000

Family Service Toronto

355 Church St

Toronto, ON M5B 1Z8

Tel: 416-595-9230 x223

Fax:416-595-0242

*thomasgr at familyservicetoronto.org* <thomasgr at familyservicetoronto.org>

http://www.campaign2000.ca

www.familyservicetoronto.org

*Disclaimer*

The information contained in this e-mail communication (and any attachments)
is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of this email
communication (and any attachments) please delete the e-mail immediately and
notify me at the telephone number shown above or by return e-mail. Please
note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of
the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Family Service
Toronto. Neither the sender nor Family Service Toronto accepts liability for
any errors or omissions in the content of this message that arise as a
result of e-mail transmission. This message and any attachments have been
scanned for viruses, however Family Service Toronto does not accept
liability for any virus that may have been transmitted.

--
Terrie ( mocharebyl at gmail.com )
“If you see an injustice being committed, you aren't an observer, you are a