[homeles_ot-l] FW: Coming to PBS Stations in October: Minds on the Edge

Linda O'Neil loneil at cmhaottawa.ca
Tue Sep 29 11:31:20 EDT 2009

FYI - apologies for cross-postings. Unfortunately the website does not list broadcast times for WPBS shown in Ottawa. To find them go to http://www.wpbstv.org/Whats-On.htm and scroll down.

________________________________
From: NAMI Education [mailto:nami_education at rogers.com]
Sent: 28 septembre 2009 17:11
To: Linda O'Neil
Subject: Coming to PBS Stations in October: Minds on the Edge

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CA405E.073E0910]<http://www.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT04NTU5ODQmcD0xJnU9MTU3OTM0NTEwJmxpPTM0NzEyMTg/index.html>

COMING TO PBS STATIONS IN OCTOBER

MINDS ON THE EDGE: Facing Mental Illness zeros in on wrenching situations playing out every day in hospital ERs, on city streets and school campuses, in courtrooms and in jails, as Americans struggle with serious mental illnesses like schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. The dramatic scenario of this Fred Friendly Seminars program reveals personal dilemmas facing individuals and families, medical practices that can be obstacles to treatment, and public polices that are falling short.

Moderated by Frank Sesno, the program features Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer, Nobel-Prize-winning neuroscientist Eric Kandel, Pulitzer-nominated journalist Pete Earley, and other panelists from law, medicine, and public policy - including several who have personally faced the challenges of mental illness and offer their riveting insights.

Visit the Minds on the Edge Web site<http://www.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT04NTU5ODQmcD0xJnU9MTU3OTM0NTEwJmxpPTM0NzEyMTk/index.html> for TV schedule information
and multimedia content on serious mental illness.

If you miss the program on-air, you can watch online after 10/1.
[cid:image002.jpg at 01CA405E.073E0910]

[cid:image003.jpg at 01CA405E.073E0910]

National Alliance on Mental Illness
3803 N. Fairfax Dr. ~ Suite 100
Arlington, VA 22203

For fastest unsubscribe results follow these instructions:

1.) Log in to your NAMI.org account by clicking here<http://www.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT04NTU5ODQmcD0xJnU9MTU3OTM0NTEwJmxpPTM0NzEyMjA/index.html>
2.) Select "mySubscriptions" from the tabs underneath the "myNAMI" graphic
3.) Uncheck the box next to "I would like to receive general e-mail updates from NAMI"
4.) Click "Save Changes" at the bottom of the page
5.) You will then be unsubscribed immediately