[homeles_ot-l] More media - HNO 5 Tests for Success / Mettre en place lafoundation - HNO

Lynne Browne lbrowne at ysb.on.ca
Tue Apr 20 17:58:01 EDT 2010

FYI

A few more media hits from Yutaka Dirks - Pasted below is a note from Tim
Aubry (University of Ottawa and Alliance to End Homelessness Steering Ctte),
who did some media interviews on the 5 Tests for the French media (CBC radio
Canada in Sudbury and in Toronto). As well, there was a story in the 24hrs
free daily paper

Affordable housing needed - page 3 of 24 Hrs:

http://eedition.toronto.24hrs.ca/epaper/viewer.aspx

  _____

Hi Yutaka,

I did an interview on Radio Canada Sudbury (yesterday) and Radio Canada
Toronto (this morning) on the 5 measures. The interviews went well.

FYI as it is likely to come up again - both Radio Canada interviewers asked
about how realistic 10K units per year were in light of the deficit of the
provincial government.  You probably want to cost it out if you haven't
already (estimated conservatively at $15B over 10 years - $150K per unit X
10K X 10) and talk about the economic benefits of investing this $$ in
affordable housing.  I also noted how badly the housing was needed as
evidenced by the long social housing waiting list and the large of number of
people homeless.

Best,

Tim

147 Besserer St., 2nd Floor, Ottawa, ON K1N 6A7

Cell 613-513-6647

Office 613-241-7913, ext. 205

www.endhomelessnessottawa.ca <http://www.endhomelessnessottawa.ca/>

  _____