[homeles_ot-l] August 24th at 7pm FW: Preparing for the Municipal Election: Candidates

Lynne Browne lbrowne at ysb.on.ca
Mon Aug 16 11:52:49 EDT 2010

FYI

From: our-ottawa at googlegroups.com [mailto:our-ottawa at googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of Johanna Hove
Sent: August 15, 2010 8:52 PM
To: Our Ottawa; our-ottawa at googlegroups.com
Subject: Preparing for the Municipal Election: Candidates

To those concerned about progress in the City of Ottawa,

Over a year of preparation and planning, and bringing civic-minded
people together, is culminating on October 25th, 2010. We are nearly two
months away from the municipal election and have organized a meeting to
discuss the candidates.

Those candidates who value affordable housing, accessible transit,
social investment, environmental protection & sustainable city planning
need to be identified and supported.

This meeting will openly discuss the strategic wards that we need to
focus on and offer insights into achieving a Council which respects the
policies and principles listed above.

If you want to see positive change in Ottawa, please forward this email
and attached poster along to your networks, RSVP and attend:

When: Tuesday, August 24th at 7pm

Where: 5050 Minto Centre, Carleton University  Map (label MC):
http://www2.carleton.ca/campus/

Who: Our Ottawa and friends

RSVP to: itsourottawa at gmail.com