[homeles_ot-l] (no subject)

Karen White-Jones kwhite at sandyhillchc.on.ca
Mon Aug 23 09:16:45 EDT 2010

Hi all.

I agree that the function of the listserve is to focus on homelessness.
 However, I have no objection to this particular item.  Many youth are
homeless because of their families' rejection of them due to issues of
sexual identity/orientation.  Events that help GLBTTQQ youth to feel
accepted and comfortable with themselves are, in my opinion, relevant to
the issue of homelessness.

Karen White-Jones
Addiction and Mental Health Counsellor
OASIS Program
Sandy Hill Community Health Centre
221 Nelson St.
Ottawa, Ont.  K1N 1C7
tel: (613) 569-3488, ext 2110
fax: (613) 569-3484
e-mail: kwhite at sandyhillchc.on.ca

>>> Dan Byrne <pastordanbyrne at gmail.com> 20/08/2010 5:32 pm >>>
I am sorry -
I appreciate being on this list to be kept informed regarding issues
relating to homelessness in Ottawa.  However, I must voice my
displeasure with the recent post regarding "Shag With Pride".  This post
had nothing to do with homelessness and was therefore in violation of
the purpose of the link.  Please try to refrain from spamming the link
with unrelated event promotions.

Dan Byrne

On 2010-08-20, at 4:14 PM, Andrea Poncia wrote:

> The Sexual Health Advisory Group of the Youth Services Bureau of
Ottawa brings you...

> Shag with Pride
>

> An event for youth at RAW SUGAR CAFÉ on August 25th from 4:00-6:00pm

> Poster with more information is attached!
>

> Come on your own or bring a friend!
>

> There will be yummy treats (mmmmm...coffee and cake) and you can make
a cool t-shirt for Pride, get a tarot-card reading and learn how to make
yourself up in drag!!

> There are lots of other cool things too and it's all freeeeee of
charge!!

> We'll see you there and feel free to give us a call if you have any
questions!

> 613.241.7788 ext 409
>

> Andrea Poncia
>
> Project Leader, Youth Health Clinic
>
> Youth Services Bureau of Ottawa
>
> myhealthclinic at ysb.on.ca
>
> fax 613.241.7789
>

> <SHAG with PRIDE!!.pdf>PLEASE ADD OUR ADDRESS,
> homeles_ot-l at list.web.net
> to your email contact list.
>
> THEN email your homelessness and housing messages to that address to
reach the full list or to reply to a posting.

> This list is not moderated; there is no editorial review.
>
> Please try to keep messages to 200KB or less, including attachments,
so that all subscribers are able to receive them.

> The listserv does not permit Blind copy, bcc, addresses or the use of
too many Send To addresses. The best thing is to email to this list on
its own.

> The Alliance to End Homelessness does not verify the accuracy of
submitted messages nor necessarily endorse the opinions expressed by
message authors. Message authors are solely responsible for content of
their messages.

PLEASE ADD OUR ADDRESS,
homeles_ot-l at list.web.net
to your email contact list.

THEN email your homelessness and housing messages to that address to
reach the full list or to reply to a posting.

This list is not moderated; there is no editorial review.

Please try to keep messages to 200KB or less, including attachments, so
that all subscribers are able to receive them.

The listserv does not permit Blind copy, bcc, addresses or the use of
too many Send To addresses. The best thing is to email to this list on
its own.

The Alliance to End Homelessness does not verify the accuracy of
submitted messages nor necessarily endorse the opinions expressed by
message authors. Message authors are solely responsible for content of
their messages.

Confidentiality Notice:
This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use
of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and
privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure
or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies

of the original message.

Avis de confidentialité
Les informations contenues à l’intérieur de ce courriel, y compris
tous les documents qui y sont attachés, sont pour l'usage exclusif
du/des destinataire(s) désignés ; car elles peuvent être de nature
confidentielle et privilégiée.  N'importe quelles revue, utilisation,
divulgation ou distribution non autorisée est interdite. Si vous n'êtes
pas le ou les destinataire(s) désignés, veuillez immédiatement en
aviser l'expéditeur par courriel et assurer vous d’avoir détruit
toutes les copies du message original.