[homeles_ot-l] FYI Innovative Community Programs

Tim D. Aubry taubry at uottawa.ca
Wed Dec 15 12:22:54 EST 2010

FYI.

From: "Loewenstein, Michelle" <mloewenstein at ku.edu<mailto:mloewenstein at ku.edu>>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 15:14:03 -0600
To: <undisclosed-recipients:;>
Subject: Vote for the Out of the Box Prize Winners!

Warm holiday greetings from the Community Tool Box Team.
We are proud to announce the top ten finalists for the Out of the Box Prize<http://ctb.ku.edu/en/out_of_the_box.aspx> for best community innovation. 309 groups from 42 countries submitted their inspiring community change stories. These hundreds of projects reflect the abundance of good work being done to improve community health and well-being around the world. Out of the Box Prize winners will be announced February 15, 2011.
You can review the inspiring innovations of the ten finalists<http://ctb.ku.edu/en/out_of_the_box/finalists.aspx> by visiting http://ctb.ku.edu/en/out_of_the_box/finalists.aspx. We also invite you to vote for up to three of your favorite projects to receive the Grand Prize of $5,000 or the Second Prize of $2,000 (plus free customized WorkStation<http://ctb.ku.edu/en/services/wstoverview.aspx>s.) To vote, simply go to http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/PCMD7Z8. (Voting ends on January 31, 2011.)
The Tool Box hopes to develop more interactive features and to expand our sharing of innovative community news in the coming year and beyond. To keep abreast of these community developments, and to receive email updates about the Out of the Box Prize, we encourage you to subscribe<http://eepurl.com/bdQUc> to our free eNewsletter. (If hyperlink does not appear, please go directly to: http://ctb.us2.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=b4985aac936a0ffb3808ff31c&id=578140282c). Of course, we deeply value your privacy and will not sell or otherwise distribute your contact information.
Wishing you all the best this holiday season,
the Community Tool Box Team

More about the Community Tool Box :

Many of you are already familiar with the Community Tool Box, which has been creating and disseminating free, practical guidance about community health and development online since 1995. For those of you who have not viewed our site recently, we invite you to visit us at http://ctb.ku.edu<http://ctb.ku.edu/> ; where you will find over 300 how-to-do-it instructional modules, with over 7000 pages of support materials.

Christina Holt, MA | Associate Director for Community Tool Box Services
Work Group for Community Health and Development |  http://communityhealth.ku.edu<http://communityhealth.ku.edu/>
Community Tool Box | http://ctb.ku.edu<http://ctb.ku.edu/> | @CToolBox<http://twitter.com/CToolBox> | facebook<http://www.facebook.com/christinaholt#!/pages/Community-Tool-Box/61324274192?ref=ts>
1000 Sunnyside Avenue, 4082 Dole Center| Lawrence, Kansas| 66045| (785) 864-0533

P Please consider the environment before printing this message.