[homeles_ot-l] FW: it's official... Minister Watson is out

Lynne Browne lbrowne at ysb.on.ca
Tue Jan 12 10:50:30 EST 2010

FYI . . . just passed on by Yutaka Dirks at the Advocacy Centre for Tenants
- Ontario

147 Besserer St., 2nd Floor, Ottawa, ON K1N 6A7

Office 613-241-7913, ext. 205

www.endhomelessnessottawa.ca <http://www.endhomelessnessottawa.ca/>

<http://news.ontario.ca/opo/en/2010/01/premiers-statement-on-the-resignation
-of-jim-watson.html> Premier's Statement On The Resignation of Jim Watson

January 12, 2010

Ontario Premier Dalton McGuinty today released the following statement on
the resignation of Jim Watson from Cabinet:

"Earlier today, Ontario's Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing, Jim
Watson, resigned from Cabinet so that he can seek election as Mayor of the
City of Ottawa.

I would like to thank Jim for his tireless efforts as a member of our
government. Since he was elected in 2003, Jim has served with distinction as
Ontario's first Minister of Health Promotion, Minister of Consumer and
Business Services, and most recently as Minister of Municipal Affairs and
Housing.

Ontarians live in a stronger, better province thanks to Jim Watson's
dedication and hard work. By departing provincial politics to seek election
at the municipal level, Jim is demonstrating his belief in public service
and commitment to improving the lives of families in my hometown of Ottawa.
I wish Jim the very best as he embarks on the next phase of his life.

Ontario's Minister of the Environment, John Gerretsen, will become Ontario's
Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing on an interim basis. Having held
that portfolio before, John is well-suited for this role and I want to thank
him for assuming these additional responsibilities."

  _____

Office of the Premier
ontario.ca/premier <http://www.ontario.ca/premier>

your subscription? Contact us.

Unsubscribe
<https://subscription.news.ontario.ca/mt/plugins/Subscribe/subscribe.cgi?__m
ode=unsubscribe&email=beth%40socialplanningtoronto.org&h=c9dfcd10dc75c0a0522
6dfc3ead7a57f&id=all&go_to=/newsroom/en/unsubscribe-thanks.html>  from News
on Demand.
Visit the Newsroom <http://news.ontario.ca/newsroom/en/> .