[homeles_ot-l] June 22 FW: Please Circulate- Our Ottawa Hosts Panel - Free Admission

Lynne Browne lbrowne at ysb.on.ca
Wed Jun 16 13:34:45 EDT 2010

FYI . .  'Our Ottawa' presents a Panel Discussion on Election Issues &
Resident Involvement at Carleton University.

A reminder that the Alliance to End Homelessness asks concerned community
members to bring forth these questions for municipal candidates to act on:

1.      Increase affordable housing by 1,000 units each year and invest more
municipal resources.

2.      Reinvest the nearly $80 million dollars being removed from the
property tax base by 2018 in new affordable housing and other social
services. Some financial responsibility for social services infrastructure
is being uploaded back to the province.

3.      Reduce the number of individuals in emergency shelters by 500 each
year.

4.      Actively abide by Human Rights Policy on Rental Housing and
NIMBYism.

5.      Ensure the City's Poverty Reduction Strategy is successfully
implemented with appropriate funding.

147 Besserer St., 2nd Floor, Ottawa, ON K1N 6A7

Cell 613-513-6647

Office 613-241-7913, ext. 205

www.endhomelessnessottawa.ca <http://www.endhomelessnessottawa.ca/>

  _____