[homeles_ot-l] Metropolis: Call for Proposal - intersection of Immigration, Housing and Homelessness

Lynne Browne lbrowne at ysb.on.ca
Thu Mar 11 16:38:18 EST 2010

FYI . . . with thanks to Josh Greenberg

147 Besserer St., 2nd Floor, Ottawa, ON K1N 6A7

Cell 613-513-6647

Office 613-241-7913, ext. 205

www.endhomelessnessottawa.ca <http://www.endhomelessnessottawa.ca/>

Begin forwarded message:

From: Metropolis Canada <metropolis at metropolis.net>

Date: March 11, 2010 4:03:05 PM GMT-05:00

To: All Metropolis <allmetro at metropolis.net>

Subject: Metropolis: Call for Proposal

Dear All,

The Metropolis Project of CIC, and the Homelessness Partnering Secretariat
of HRSDC are very happy to announce the launching of a joint Call for
Proposals for research that examines the intersection of Immigration,
Housing and Homelessness.

Up to $275,000 will be delivered by the Homelessness Partnering Secretariat
for successful projects. We are seeking a better understanding of housing
outcomes as a key indicator of newcomer integration. This is a priority area
of both the Metropolis Project and the Homelessness Partnering Secretariat.

We know that in most newcomers’ lives, housing facilitates integration.
However, we need to know more of how the lack of housing impedes
integration. We are talking about individuals and families living in
unaffordable housing, in crowded conditions, who would perhaps be homeless
except for the support of family and friends, and those who are living in
unsafe or unhealthy conditions, for whom their housing situation is fast
deteriorating to the point of homelessness. Newcomers to Canada most at-risk
of living in such conditions are refugees and asylum-seekers.

We are looking to fund a comparative study of refugees and asylum-seekers’
housing experiences in Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver. We also seek successful
proposals exploring factors of newcomer homelessness in smaller Canadian
cities. Completed research projects are due on March 31,2011, and will be
published as Working Papers of the Metropolis centres. We expect that
results will be shared through workshops and plenaries at national and
international conferences.

The Call for Proposals, the application form, and budget notes in French and
English may be download from the Metropolis Project web site:

http://canada.metropolis.net/Call_proposal/cfp_homelessness_mar10_e.html
http://canada.metropolis.net/Call_proposal/cfp_homelessness_mar10_f.html

The deadline for receipt of proposals is 4:00pm Eastern Standard Time, May
5th . Completed applications are to be sent to mona.marshy at cic.gc.ca

With best wishes,
Howard Duncan

Executive Head - Metropolis Project | Chef exécutif - Projet Metropolis NHQ
- Metropolis | AC - Métropolis Citizenship and Immigration Canada |
Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada

219 Laurier Avenue West Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 | 219 avenue Laurier Ouest Ottawa
ON K1A 1L1 Office | Bureau CAN A903 Howard.Duncan at cic.gc.ca Telephone |
Téléphone 613-957-5916 Facsimile | Télécopieur 613-957-5968 Government of
Canada | Gouvernement du Canada