[homeles_ot-l] Yesterday's Press Conference Proceedings (speakers remarks)

Lynne Browne lbrowne at ysb.on.ca
Wed Mar 31 13:26:06 EDT 2010

Hello everyone,

There has been quite a bit of media coverage on the 2009 Report Card on
Ending Homelessness and on the targets we recommend in it. We wanted to
provide you with the remarks made by presenters to the media yesterday
(Press Conference Proceedings ATEH 2009 Report Card on Ending Homelessness).
Also attached are the Trend Graphs shown at the press conference.

Remarks by:

Marion Wright: Chair, Alliance to End Homelessness (ATEH)

*        On 2009 grades and ATEH's move to using targets to end homelessness
in Ottawa in 10 years

Tim Aubry: ATEH Research and Evaluation Working Group and Senior Researcher,
Centre for Research on Educational & Community Services, University of
Ottawa

*        On 2009 data, the six year trends, and the targets modeled in our
Backgrounder 'road map'

Wanda McDonald: ATEH Steering Committee Member and Executive Director,
Pinecrest-Queensway Community Health Centre

*        On housing realities in Ottawa

Max Rowsell: A youth with a personal experience of homelessness

*        On what is happening now with youth and what needs to happen

The full Report Card and the Backgrounder on the Targets are on our website
- www.endhomelessnessottawa.ca <http://www.endhomelessnessottawa.ca/> .

Lynne

147 Besserer St., 2nd Floor, Ottawa, ON K1N 6A7

Cell 613-513-6647

Office 613-241-7913, ext. 205

www.endhomelessnessottawa.ca <http://www.endhomelessnessottawa.ca/>