[homeles_ot-l] Helping for Homes Community Update

Susan Alcott alcottsusie at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 17:47:56 EDT 2010

Hello,

We are sending out this email to give a quick update about our services.

On October 1st Helping for Homes launched services, we give out basic
household necessities to those who are marginally housed.  These items
include: bedding, towels, kitchen wares, dishes, cutlery, utensils, lamps,
and so on.

For the month of October we prepared 25 "move-in baskets" which include:
plates, bowls, glasses, mugs, cutlery, can opener, towels, dish soap/cloth,
soap, tooth brush, tooth paste, laundry detergent, pen and a note pad, and
either a pot or pan.  On October 17th we gave out the last of these baskets
and purchased enough items to make another 20, 6 of which are already spoken
for.

We are pleased that our service has taken off the way it has and would like
to thank everyone who has either made a referral, shared our information, or
contributed with a donation of items.  We would also like to thank those who
have volunteered and offered to volunteer.

On October 18th it was confirmed that our application for charitable status
with the Ministry was approved, we are now officially Helping for Homes
Inc.  We will soon apply for charitable registration with CRA which in turn
will allow us to start expanding the services we offer.

Please continue making referrals, offering donations, and volunteering with
us.  Our hope is to build strong partnerships with agencies so that everyone
in our community can live with dignity and independence.

Thank you for your time,

Susan Alcott and the Helping for Homes team!