[homeles_ot-l] Join today! We're putting housing and homelessness on the map

Lynne Browne lbrowne at ysb.on.ca
Tue Sep 7 10:00:52 EDT 2010

Please read (and circulate widely to friends, colleagues & community
contacts) the ATEH message below from Derek. Lynne Browne

In the upcoming municipal election, we need to ensure that housing and
homelessness is front and centre. We're using every tool necessary to
reach out to candidates and the public with great success. As our
movement grows, we need to ensure that we are able to reach Ottawans
from every corner of the city not only for this election, but for the
next one, and the one after that...

To accomplish this, the Alliance to End Homelessness is entering into
the world of social media by joining both Facebook and Twitter!

Through Facebook and Twitter, you can find out about new developments
related to housing/homelessness, keep up to date on community
activities, and engage others in our community as we try to end
homelessness. Reporters often write stories about how large Facebook
pages get, using it as evidence about the importance of those issues.

It's fun. It's easy. It takes little effort. It can have a real impact.

What can you do to support this and spread the word?

1)      Follow ATEH on Facebook HERE
<http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Alliance-to-End-Homelessness-
Ottawa/136029386442398?v=wall&ref=ts>  and/or on Twitter HERE
@endhomelessOTT <https://twitter.com/endhomelessOTT>

2)      Help build the movement and invite your friends to join. This is
an issue that affects everyone.

3)      Taking action is as easy as spreading the word. Re-post,
re-tweet, and share information with your friends.

Thank you for your part in putting housing and homelessness on the map!

Derek Antoine

Public Affairs Working Group Member

Alliance to End Homelessness Ottawa