[homeles_ot-l] DID YOU KNOW . . . new from ATEH

Lynne Browne lbrowne at ysb.on.ca
Fri Jul 15 12:08:22 EDT 2011

  Did you know . . .  there's a 39% increase in the times Ottawa's
shelter beds were used since 2004. More here
<http://www.endhomelessnessottawa.ca/homelessness/Didyouknow9.cfm>

Hello everyone - we hope you'll spend some time over the summer getting
ready for provincial election by reading through the 2010 Report Card
again as well as checking out our first Did you know . . . page.
Starting early in September, ATEH plans to send candidates a
questionnaire and to hold press conferences.

What does ATEH want to ask candidates?

1.    Will you put significant funding for affordable housing in each
provincial budget - enough to create 8,000 to 10,000 new units annually
- to meet the needs of Ontarians?

2.    Will you fund the maintenance and repair of existing social
housing stock?

3.    Will you ensure that Ministries work together to develop long-term
sustainable funding programs that include both housing and support
dollars?

4.    Will you invest in an Ontario Housing Benefit to provide a monthly
payment to low income tenants to help bridge the gap between rent and
30% of income?

5.    Will you amend Ontario's Planning Act to give municipalities the
authority to require the inclusion of housing at prices lower income
households can afford in the development and redevelopment of land?

Please note:

I'll be away from July 16 to August 16th so there'll be an auto-reply
on. My access to the internet and email will be infrequent.  In the
meanwhile, if you have an URGENT matter or a MEDIA request, please phone
the office number for instructions; we'll get back to you as soon as
possible.

If you are a LISTSERV MEMBER and you want to send a message to ATEH's
Homelessness and Housing listserv, please email directly to:
homeles_ot-l at list.web.net

Have a good summer,

Lynne

Lynne Browne

Coordinator, Alliance to End Homelessness

613-241-7913 ext. 205, lbrowne at ysb.on.ca <mailto:lbrowne at ysb.on.ca>

147 Besserer St., Ottawa, ON K1N 6A7

VISIT www.endhomelessnessottawa.ca
<https://mail.ysb.on.ca/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.endhomeless
nessottawa.ca>

NOW ATEH is on FACEBOOK HERE
<https://mail.ysb.on.ca/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.facebook.co
m/home.php?%23!/pages/Alliance-to-End-Homelessness-Ottawa/13602938644239
8?v=wall%26ref=ts>  &

on TWITTER HERE @endhomelessOTT
<https://mail.ysb.on.ca/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=https://twitter.com/en
dhomelessOTT>