[homeles_ot-l] FW: IGAS Warning

Lynne Browne lbrowne at ysb.on.ca
Fri Jul 29 10:27:52 EDT 2011

FYI

613-241-7913, ext 205
lbrowne at ysb.on.ca
147 Besserer St., Ottawa ON  K1N 6A7
www.endhomelessnessottawa.ca
-----Original Message----From: Taylor, Judith A [mailto:Judith.Taylor at ottawa.ca]
Sent: Thu 28/07/2011 12:35 PM
To: Lynne Browne
Subject: FW: IGAS Warning

Hi Lynne - Can you send this email on to your listserve group please..and ...thanks, Judy

Judy Taylor RN
Public Health Nurse,
Street Health Outreach, Ottawa Public Health,
179 Clarence St. Ottawa, Ont. K1N 5P7
tel. (613) 580-2424 ext. 26129
fax (613) 580-2635
email: judith.taylor at ottawa.ca <mailto:judith.taylor at ottawa.ca>

***************
Hi all:

Please take note of the information sent to partners/JAT this morning.  We will be ensuring that posters/info pamphlets are available through both the office and the van.  Please take the time to warn clients and encourage them to seek medical attention for any lesions that do not heal.  Thanks in advance!

*****
Needle Exchange Partners/JAT Members:

Please be advised that we have received confirmation from Ottawa Public Health's Epidemiology Department that 4 cases of IGAS have been diagnosed for the period of June 30th, 2011 to July 15th, 2011.  All 4 diagnosed cases have indicated a history of IDU.

Please find attached copies of information sheets for both clients and service providers.  Please print and distribute widely to minimize the spread of this infection to more of our clients.  As well, the Site Needle & Syringe Program has developed posters which are available for anyone who would like to post them.  Feel free to contact me to arrange for delivery.

Please spread the word to stop the spread of IGAS!
Pam

Pam Oickle, R.N. BScN.
Supervisor, Harm Reduction
Clinical Services
Sexual Health Centre
179 Clarence Street, Ottawa, Ontario  K1N 5P7
Tel: (613) 580-2424 ext. 22549
Fax: (613) 580-2635

Email: pamela.oickle at ottawa.ca