[homeles_ot-l] Ask Me Ottawa: What are you doing for spring break? Read about what some Carleton students are doing to make a difference

Derek Antoine dantoine at connect.carleton.ca
Tue Feb 21 00:01:58 EST 2012

The Ask Me Ottawa campaign is pleased to share another wonderful story
of volunteers working to make a difference. This week is Spring Break
for most Carleton and uOttawa students. This means a few lucky
students are taking some much deserved time off and soaking in the sun.

A group of Carleton students are instead participating in Alternative
Spring Break Ottawa where they are spending the week volunteering in
the homelessness community. Some of you may have seen them already.
Read the story by Marie-Danielle Smith: http://askmeottawa.ca/?page_id=199

"Some of us are volunteering because we want to understand
homelessness from a new perspective. Some of us are volunteering
because we want to understand ourselves a little better. Some of us
could have gone to Cuba this week, but decided to make an impact here
at home. Some of us are entering the world of volunteering for the
first time. This is Alternative Spring Break Ottawa, one of five
community service learning projects students are participating in this
week through Carleton University."

Full story here: http://askmeottawa.ca/?page_id=199