[homeles_ot-l] Ask Me Ottawa recognized with Media Award for Excellence

Derek Antoine DerekAntoine at cmail.carleton.ca
Thu Jun 14 00:55:49 EDT 2012

Good morning! This week, Ask Me Ottawa indulges in a bit of self
promotion as we share a very special award we recently received:

"Ask Me Ottawa is pleased to announce that campaign co-chairs Derek
Antoine and Darcy Knoll have been awarded the 2012 Options Bytown
Media Award for Excellence in recognition of new media approaches to
covering the issues and people involved in Ottawa’s homelessness
community. The recognition was presented during Options Bytown’s
recent Annual General Meeting.

In the past, this award has been given to traditional journalists who
have excelled in their coverage of homelessness. This year’s selection
is a break from that as it recognizes the uniqueness of Ask Me
Ottawa’s social media reporting and the power of grassroots journalism."

Read the full story here: http://askmeottawa.ca/?page_id=314

Thank you for your continued support! Keep the stories coming!

Derek