[homeles_ot-l] New Ask Me Ottawa Story: B.Y.B.O.: A Creative Partnership to Engage Homeless Youth

Darcy Knoll djknoll at gmail.com
Tue May 15 10:57:41 EDT 2012

Hello from the Ask Me Ottawa campaign!

Operation Come Home’s Jamie Hammond writes about a creative approach her
organization took to work with a local partner and reach out to homeless
youth:

“One of our newest initiatives and social enterprises, Buy Your Beau’s
Online (B.Y.B.O.), is particularly unique. It all began in early 2011 when
one of our long-time partners, Beau’s All Natural Brewery, approached us
with the idea of a residential delivery service. We already had a
commercial bottle pick-up service (BottleWorks), so this seemed like a
natural next-step. In November 2011, after months of careful planning and
deliberation, B.Y.B.O. was born…”

Click on the link to learn how this small program had a big impact:

http://askmeottawa.ca/?page_id=289

_______

- Keep the momentum going! Share your story here: askmeottawa at gmail.com

- "Like" us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/askmeottawa