[homeles_ot-l] Parliament Hill - noon, June 18th - Day of Action re cuts to refugee health care funding

Linda Lalonde linda_lalonde_ottawa at yahoo.com
Wed May 30 15:43:01 EDT 2012

Hi folks,

Here's the info for the Ottawa rally on June 18th. Please forward it to your networks.

Without proper health care, these families won't be able to survive let alone pay for their housing and other necessities.

Linda.

--- On Mon, 5/28/12, Linda Lalonde <linda_lalonde_ottawa at yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi folks,

Please reserve some time on June 18th to participate in actions to be held across the country to oppose the government's proposed cuts to refugee health care. I don't have details of the Ottawa activities yet but the plan is to have events everywhere. If there isn't one in your community, how about organizing one?

The feds will be cutting virtually all health care for refugees and their families as of June 30th of this year. Many of these families have no other resources and, even if they did, should not have to pay for services that are part of living in Canada. Many refugees already have compromised health when they arrive here in Canada as a result of the disgraceful conditions in refugee camps and/or the conditions that made them flee their country of origin.

More demonstration that this government just doesn't care about people and has no intention of meeting our human rights.

Linda