[homeles_ot-l] Meet the Need & ‘The Winter Clothing Project’

Jana Servage janaservage at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 11:04:32 EST 2013

Hello Everyone,

We at ‘Meet the Need’ would like to take a moment to explain our ‘Winter
Clothing Project’ and how you can help us get warm winter clothing to those
in need.

THE WINTER CLOTHING PROJECT

Each year, money is provided to agencies that serve the homeless population
to purchase and provide winter clothing. However, those who are marginally
housed (living in temporary housing, subsidized housing or rooming houses)
are not able to benefit from this service. Meet the Need’s Winter Clothing
Project began in December 2008, after the need for winter clothing in this
community was recognized.

Through this initiative, we provide new and gently used winter clothing
items to individuals sixteen years of age or older living in marginalized
housing.  Although the main focus of this program is collecting and
distributing winter coats, other articles of clothing we receive as
donations include: winter boots, hats, scarves, mittens and gloves.

HOW YOU CAN HELP

If you know of anyone sixteen years of age or older living in marginalized
housing who is in need of winter clothing, please email us at
contact at meettheneed.ca with their first name, gender and clothing sizes. We
will then coordinate a time for us to deliver the clothing item(s) to an
employee/volunteer within your organization.

If you have any other questions about Meet the Need or our Winter Clothing
Project, we’d be happy to answer them. We look forward to working with you
in the future.

Sincerely,

Greg & Jana Servage
Program Coordinators