[homeles_ot-l] Average household spending in Canada $55, 151 in 2011

Linda Lalonde linda_lalonde_ottawa at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 30 17:01:08 EST 2013

Hi folks,

Once again, I'm an underachiever! Good thing I'm so darned cute (;-D)

Here's the household spending of the Canadian Average Josephine and Joe plus the little Joettes for 2011. Remember when you look at the numbers that this is not per person but per household so may reflect one or more income sources. You might also remember that it would take the income of 7.5 single people on OW at $7276 each to equal an income - not expenses - of $55,151.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2013/01/30/average_household_spent_55151_on_goods_services_statscan.html
Here's another artice from today's Star about debt load - the two are linked for so many families now.

http://www.thestar.com/business/2012/10/27/why_canadians_have_recordhigh_debt.html
The Star usually has a link to the original report but that wasn't the case here. It's okay though - reading the articles is depressing enough!! Here's the link to the report which includes links to other breakdowns of the SRS info: http://www.statcan.gc.ca/daily-quotidien/130130/dq130130b-eng.htm

Linda.