[homeles_ot-l] Options Bytown e-Newsletter - Issue 13

Lorraine Bentley lbentley at optionsbytown.com
Fri Jul 19 16:01:18 EDT 2013

This email contains images, if you can't see them you can view it in your browser<http://www.optionsbytown.com/index.php?option=com_acymailing&ctrl=archive&task=view&mailid=34&key=d0a881f1e8c7c7237893e79bbb727dc6&subid=3-a608134574eb26ea67dc226b8d9fd8bb>.
[Options Bytown Logo]

[e-newsletter]

Issue 13 - July 19, 2013

Options Bytown 2013 Annual General Meeting

[agmcollage3]

This year's AGM was held on June 20th at 379 Gilmour.

We would like to congratulate the winner of the Make Homelessness  History Award :

[enbridgelogo]

and this year's recipients of the The Media Award for Excellence:

Sue Allan and Bruce Deachman.

Read more click here<http://www.optionsbytown.com/images/pdf/enewsletters/optionsbytownmediareleaseagm2013.pdf>

To view a copy of the 2013 Annual Report click here<http://www.optionsbytown.com/images/pdf/annual%20reports/Annual%20Report2013.pdf>

Options Bytown teams up with the Community Veterinary Outreach Program.

There are a lot of pet lovers at Options Bytown. 37 tenants share their homes with 51 dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, etc.

Both Options Bytown and the Community Veterinary Outreach Program <http://vetoutreach.org/> recognize the importance of pets and the [cvonewsletter3] positive impact they can have on people’s lives and health.

In May 2013 we were fortunate to form a new partnership with this program. The wonderful team of vets were able to visit tenants in their homes, giving them a unique opportunity to see how  tenants and their pets interact and how much they mean to each other.

The pets were examined and those that needed treatment, vaccinations and microchipping received care. They also arranged for a spay and neuter clinic. They even performed emergency surgery on a kitten and helped a tenant with end of life services for his pet. These individualized supports were greatly appreciated by the tenants and staff.

The vets also provided a practical training workshop to Options Bytown staff that covered pet health and preventative health care. With this training, the Options Bytown team is equipped to assist tenants in identifying pet health problems and assessing when to seek the advice of a professional.

Click here for some tenant stories<http://www.optionsbytown.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=134:cvo-tenant-stories&catid=42:content>

Ottawa Insurance Brokers Association Raises $11,000 for Options Bytown

[golfdonation]On June 18th, members of the Ottawa Insurance Brokers Association held their annual charity golf tournament at The Meadows Golf and Country Club and succeeded in raising the most money they have ever raised.  We are very grateful that the OIBA chose us as this year’s recipient of the proceeds of the tournament.  It means a lot to us when community members step up and support our cause.  The funds will make a significant impact in improving the quality of life of the tenants of Options Bytown.

Seen in the picture above from left to right: Lorraine Bentley, Executive Director of Options Bytown, Patricia Bilodeau, President of the Ottawa Insurace Brokers Association and Christine Morgan, Member of the Board of Directiors of Ottawa Insurance Brokers Association.
Thank you to the Home Depot Canada Foundation

Options Bytown would like to extend our thanks to The Home[2013 HomeDepot028] Depot Canada Foundation for their generosity in awarding us with funding to help our Tenant Gardening Groups at 380 Cumberland and  379 Gilmour.  With this gift Options Bytown tenants got their hands dirty and planted vegetables and flowers.  This opportunity helps tenants  take  an active role in their community, beautify their home and benefit from the harvest with healthy and free food.

[footer]